Monday, May 10, 2010

Fingerprint Models



Well we finally made it to our fingerprinting appointment at the Department of Homeland Security... "Securing America's Promise" ---I really like their motto.


On the way into the center there is a sign on the door telling us to leave our cell phones and cameras in our car. We take a couple quick snapshots....










Micah grabs our camera, both cell phones and runs back to the car...running because if you are not on time for your appointment (the one we have been waiting for since February) your application will be considered "abandoned." As I walk back into the breezeway of the building, I see that the sign also says to leave your multi-tools, knives, and box cutters in your car. I remembered that I had a multi-tool in my purse and so I hand it to an out-of-breath Micah as he opens the door, rolls his eyes and starts running back to the car to ditch it. As he is running away, I remember a small pocket knife I also have in the bottom of my purse. I open the door, yell at Micah, he turns around, I hold the knife in the air to show him the extra part of my ridiculous weapon store and I toss it to him from across the parking lot.

Well, after all of this, I did surprisingly make it through security and we were still on time for our appointment. The lady who took our fingerprints told us that both Micah and I could be poster models for fingerprints. I guess that's good, or maybe it means we don't wash our hands enough. Either way, our prints should fly through. She also told us that if things go right, we should have our approval in about 20 days. This was thrilling to hear. We have been waiting so long for every part of this immigration process and a delay on these papers would be the only real possible hold up to us traveling.
We are still waiting to hear our dates for travel but have been told that we may not be issued dates until just two weeks before we need to hit the road! We are preparing for early June.
God continues to shower blessings and level the mountains that have stood before us.

2 comments:

  1. We go to the same office next week! We'll try to remember to keep our weapons at home. The Reynolds have an appointment in June. It's exciting that we're all three getting our biometrics captured hoping to not miss our appointment so we're not abandoned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, too many weapons, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete