Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yahoo!!


If it seems I have been behind in life during the past couple of months--it's because my life has been this... preparing our dossier.

To give you some idea of what internationally adopting parents go through and what a dossier entails...
  • Family Profile
  • Notarized letter to Ministry of Women's Affairs in Ethiopia
  • 2 passport size photos of ea. parent
  • Home Study Report (notarized and state certified)

  • Agency license

  • Power of Attorney (notarized and state certified)

  • Certified Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate of parents

  • 2 notarized letters of recommendation

  • Notarized police clearance for each parent

  • Notarized medical certificates from Physician for each parent

  • Notarized employers letter

  • Notarized Tax returns

  • Notarized declaration of personal condition

  • Notarized letter from bank

  • Notarized post-placement agreement.
This is a picture of the evening we received our last state certification letter.


The next morning I headed to the post office to mail a certifide package. This is what I wanted to write on it...

It is a little unnerving to hand over something like this...I cannot imagine how devastating it would be to have to start over if it were lost in the mail, BUT, thanks to God, today I received an email that read this:

"I just wanted to let you know that I received your dossier here in the Eugene office today, had a chance to review it and everything looks complete."

Hence, the title of my post today....."Yahoo!!!!"

We will now wait for our dossier to make it's way to Ethiopia, wait for our immigration approval, wait for a court date, wait for a travel date and...pray for continuation of divine help in financing. Hopefully, this process will be around 4 months or less....."Yahoo!!!!"

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congratulations :) Having that dossier sent off is such an accomplishment... you are getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Praise God! I'm very excited, Gitlins! This little boy is so loved. I can't wait to see him, talk to him, laugh with him.

    ReplyDelete