Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome Packet

Well, now that we have a court date set, A. will be packing his bags and moving to the Holt Transitional Center in Addis Ababa (the capital of Ethiopia). The center is a beautiful, well kept facility and is where he will be when we go to pick him up. Also, for all of you that we have shared the scary, retro, caucasian Santa video with, this is that place...HA!--Thank goodness A. will be home before Christmas.
All joking aside, we are now able to send him a book of pictures that we made of our family so that he can get to know us a little bit. I put the packet in the mail today! We also sent a letter, a couple of coloring pages, and a few puffy stickers that Julianna picked out for him.

Blogger is being strange tonight so here are pictures of the pages in our book...in crazy disorganization.



















































2 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is so great. I love that you all did this for him. He will cherish it. Makes me want to cry for a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I may just be silly or I just missed this, but I know you said you can't post his name, so I assume the A is the 1ast letter of his name, but I think its cute how it looks like you guys are calling him "a Gitlin" (like my daughter is a happy baby). IDK. maybe am just silly.
    By the way, I'd love to pick ur brain about ur school room sometime. I really need help planin mine.
    GREAT JOB MOM! :)

    ReplyDelete